Boulder County, Colo. - The Budget Director will present a recommended budget for the calendar year 2022 to the Board of County Commissioners at a virtual public meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 26.*
The 2022 Recommended Budget is a baseline budget prepared by the Office of Financial Management (OFM) to serve as a starting point for the Board of County Commissioners to consider as part of their statutory responsibility to set a balanced budget by Dec. 15 for the upcoming year.
The budget presentation will include a review of county funds and a description of expenditures the OFM has recommended for inclusion in the 2022 Boulder County Budget. It will also include preliminary forecasted revenue figures for 2022, many of which will be updated throughout the fall as more detailed projections become available.
A copy of the 2022 Recommended Budget is posted on the budget webpage. The 2022 Recommended Budget was presented to the Board of County Commissioners on Oct. 7. A link to ZOOM meeting video archive of this public meeting can be found here https://boco.org/Budget_
Additional budget requests, priorities, and adjustments to the 2022 Recommended Budget will be considered by the Board of County Commissioners at their annual budget work session on Tuesday, Nov. 9. The final budget is scheduled to be adopted by the county commissioners on Tuesday, Dec. 9.
Budget Meeting and Hearing Descriptions:
- PAST Tuesday, Oct. 7, 3 p.m. – 2022 Recommended Budget Presentation by the Budget Director (Public meeting – no public testimony).
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, 3 p.m. – 2022 Recommended Budget: Public Hearing (Public testimony will be taken at this hearing)
- Tuesday, Nov. 9, 3 p.m. – Budget Work Session (Public meeting – no public testimony)
- Tuesday, Dec. 9, 3 p.m. – 2022 Budget Adoption (Public meeting – no public testimony)
- Note: All proposed budgetary figures are subject to change up until final adoption. Please see www.boco.org/Budget for updates.
* Public comments may be submitted from Oct. 13-25 using the 2022 Recommended Budget Public Comment Form; or by mail to: Boulder County Commissioners’ Office, P.O. Box 471, Boulder, CO 80306.