This content was originally published by the Longmont Observer and is licensed under a Creative Commons license.
Hi All: With great enthusiasm, from the Boulder County Commissioners Office, The Office of Resilience and Recovery and the Cultural Brokers Resilience Program, we want to thank the community for supporting our events and projects for the development of promising practices and institutional policies change. Our next pilot project, the 20-hour training for Cultural Brokers will be offered next month. In partnership with our community partners Laura Soto from the Philanthropiece Foundation and Manuela Sifuentes of the CU Engage program, we will bring a free professional development opportunity for cultural brokers in Boulder County.
This is why we want to inform you that we are opening the application process today. This pilot training for Bicultural Bilingual Brokers is part of the Boulder County Cultural Brokers Resilience Program. This training will be offered in Spanish and it is open to Cultural Brokers in the human and social services field offered to the Latinx community. Participants will discuss issues related to their skills and institutional expectations in areas of resource navigation, advocacy and activism. In addition, tools will be provided to promote language access and innovative multi-sectoral collaboration practices. Training participants will be able to define their role as agents of intercultural exchange and expand their support networks to facilitate their community work.
Boulder County Court Training Room on Pearl Street. 1325 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80302
Thursday, December 5 12 - 5:00 pm
Friday, December 6 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, December 13 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
* Attendance required all 3 days to complete the 20 hour course.
This 20-hour professional development training is completely free.
Monetary compensation available to Cultural Brokers not employed by Boulder County.
Boulder County employees participation will be covered as paid time.
There are 20 available spots for the training.
IMPORTANT NOTE! Revised community calendar. Community events corrected information in red.
- "Day of the Dead. Free Face Painting", tomorrow November 1st from 4 to 6PM at the Lafayette Community Arts Center "The Collective", 201 N Public Rd, Lafayette.
- "Fresh Start" this Saturday, November 2, from 9 to 3PM at the Boulder County Courthouse, Longmont Annex at 1035 Kimbark St, Longmont 80516.
- "Day of the Dead Celebration" by Centro Amistad and Dairy Arts Center, Saturday, November 2nd from 4 to 7PM at the Diary Arts Center, 2590 Walnut St, Boulder, Colorado 80302.
- "Day of the Dead Family Party" by the City of Longmont, Saturday, November 2nd from 2 to 6PM at Downtown Longmont.
- "Ta' Bueno Ya!" Suma Latina Anniversary, next November 5 from 6 to 9PM at Pioneer Bilingual Elementary School, 101 E Baseline Rd, Lafayette, CO 80026.
- "First Aid Mental Health for Adults," November 7 and 8 from 9AM to 1pm, at Longmont Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave, Longmont, CO 80501
- "Free Legal Clinics", November 19 from 5:30 to 7PM, at the Longmont Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave, Longmont, CO 80501.
- "FAMILIA ARCOÍRIS" Resources for LGBTQ + Latinx families, on November 21 from 5:30 to 7PM, at the Centro AMISTAD, 2222 4th St, Boulder, CO 80302.
- "Techniques to Promote Your Sustainable Business" Breakfast and Info Session by the Longmont Business Sustainability Program, on November 20 at 7:30 a.m. at the Cheese Importers, 103 Main St, Longmont, CO 80501. Reservation needed!