Colorado Department of Transportation
Starting Jan. 30, the Colorado Department of Transportation will begin construction on the Firestone-Longmont Mobility Hub project located at the I-25 and CO 119 interchange.
Communities along the I-25 corridor are continuing to rapidly expand, creating more congested roadways. This is one of several mobility hubs along the I-25 corridor that are currently under construction and will significantly improve bus service along I-25.
The hub will improve multimodal access to promote regional transit and includes:
- A northbound pedestrian pick-up and drop-off platform along the I-25 off-ramp
- A new pedestrian pick-up and drop-off platform on the east side of the southbound on ramp.A sidewalk and pedestrian underpass to connect users from the Park-n-Ride on the east side of I-25 to the station platforms on the west side of I-25
- Greater capacity with 269 parking spaces
- Large sidewalks and bicycle storage racks allow for multiple modes to utilize the hub and enhance multimodal connectivity
- Bus shelters will be installed with an electronic public information board with real-time Bustang departure and arrival schedules
The Firestone-Longmont Mobility Hub is a part of the multimodal connectivity of the I-25 North improvements. For more information visit the project website listed below. The anticipated completion date of the project is August 2024.
- Daytime work hours are expected between the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Periodic overnight work between the hours of 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. will include lane closures on the off-ramp, on-ramps, and on I-25. Please sign up for project notifications below to be alerted of any closures that may impact your travel.
- Motorists can expect periodic single-lane closures on CO 119 and I-25, on-and off-ramp closures, and sidewalk closures.
- Speed limits will be reduced as needed to 55 mph through the work zone. Please obey speed limit signs.
- 11-foot lane restrictions on the southbound I-25 on-ramp and the northbound off-ramp at Exit 240.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances or weather, work may need to be rescheduled if operations cannot be completed.
Project Contact Information
For additional information about this project, contact the project team.
- Project website: https://www.codot.gov/projects/firestone-mobility-hub
- Project information hotline: 970-422-4201
- Project email: [email protected]
The Colorado Department of Transportation’s mission is to provide the best multi-modal transportation system that most effectively and safely moves people, goods and information. CDOT maintains more than 23,000 lane miles of highway, more than 3,400 bridges and 35 mountain passes. Our team of employees works tirelessly to reduce the rate and severity of crashes and improve the safety of all modes of transportation. CDOT leverages partnerships with a range of private and public organizations and operates Bustang, an interregional express bus service. Find more details at codot.gov.