Boulder County is reaching out to residents who are interested in serving on the Gross Reservoir Community Advisory Working Group.
The purpose of the working group is to weigh different scenarios, interests, and collective impacts from both a scientific and subjective standpoint and to make recommendations to Boulder County about what the community feels is the most equitable and fair way to distribute money from the Gross Reservoir Community Impact Mitigation Fund. Having direct input from Gross Reservoir residents will be key to the success of this effort.
Membership on the advisory group will follow some basic ground rules:
- Making sure we have representation from unique vantage points all around Gross Reservoir
- Each member is able to attend and participate in ALL mandatory meetings
- Participants agree to consider the community as a whole and not solely provide input from their own unique perspective/vantage point
- Members of the group will focus on discussions and analyses related to the distribution of the fund and not the dam expansion project itself.
How to Apply
If you are interested in serving on the working group, please review the structure and protocols document, check your calendar to make sure that you can make yourself available on the dates below, and click the link to the application to apply:
- Thursday, April 6, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (mandatory in-person Working Group meeting – either at the CCCIA or downtown Boulder, TBD)
- Tuesday, April 25, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (mandatory virtual Working Group meeting)
- TENTATIVE DATE - Saturday, April 29, 2 to 3:30 p.m. (optional in-person community meeting at the CCCIA)
- Tuesday, May 16, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (mandatory virtual Working Group meeting)
The county understands that a concentrated time commitment in April and May will not suit everyone’s availability, however there has been a lot of interest from community members, and organizers are hopeful to have enough representatives to form the advisory group within the specified time frame.
Due to the level of interest, the county has put together a brief online application to complete by Monday, March 27 at 1 p.m.
The list of Working Group members will be announced as soon as possible after the deadline to apply.
Recent Gross Reservoir Updates/Newsletters
For additional information about the Gross Reservoir Community Impact Mitigation Fund and the Gross Reservoir Community Advisory Working Group, please review the last two e-newsletters: