Every year, the Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes the achievements of local businesses and nonprofits with the organization’s Best of Business awards. Nominations for the 2022 awards are now open, and the Longmont Chamber invites the public to nominate a business or nonprofit that they love.
“Nominations from community members are a great way for us to learn about how businesses are engaging with the community,” says Karen Stallard, Membership Director at the Longmont Chamber. “We get to see and hear about a lot of accomplishments our members make that might not be obvious to our community. At the same time, we know that residents of Longmont interact with our local businesses in ways that give them a different perspective.”
Nominations will close December 31, 2022. After that, nominees will be contacted and asked to provide more information about themselves. “This is their opportunity to brag about themselves,” Stallard says. “I think we live in a humble community, so we want to make sure that Longmont knows about how amazing our local businesses are.”
Businesses and individuals can be nominated for one of seven categories:
- Business of the Year — a business that has operated for three or more years. It’s judged on business profitability, growth, sustainability, as well as community involvement.
- Nonprofit of the Year — must be a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit. Award applications are judged on the nonprofit organization’s contribution to the community.
- Legacy Business — a business that has been a Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce member for at least 10 years.
- Emerging Business — the business must be operational for five years or less. It is judged on business potential and the company’s community engagement.
- Building Bridges Award (Business) — a non-educational business that has contributed to educators and students.
- Building Bridges Award (Individual) — an individual who has contributed to educators and students.
- New to 2022 is the People’s Choice award, which will be given to the business or nonprofit that receives the greatest number of nominations.
Nominations can be submitted online. Only businesses that are Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce members in good standing are eligible.
The winners will be announced at the annual Jubilee: Celebrate Business in Longmont event in February, presented by the Longmont Times-Call.