This content was originally published by the Longmont Observer and is licensed under a Creative Commons license.
Lisa Patchem Photography has issued a press release to Longmont Observer regarding their Downtown Longmont Photography Competition.
Do you have what it takes to help out your community and to create the winning masterpiece?
Downtown Longmont, Colorado needs photographic representation that displays the new vibrant energy of the downtown we all love. Help your community with your photographic talent and have fun along the way! Compete with your fellow photography professionals to create the winning masterpiece. Compensation will be bragging rights, displayed poster of winning photographs with your logo and info, as well as social media presence via Longmont Downtown Development Authority. Limited spots are available so apply today!
On Tuesday, Aug 1, 2017, at 3 pm the competition will begin.
Would you like to volunteer? How about model for this competition? All ages, shapes and sizes are encouraged.
Please contact Lisa @ 732-998-2962
Are you a professional photographer who would like to participate? Download this ENTRY form, fill it out and send it to LisaPatchem@gmail.com by July 25, 2017. Space is limited.
More Information For The Photographer Shoot Off Competition!
CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS… DOWNTOWN LONGMONT NEEDS YOU!
Longmont’s downtown is bustling with a new vibrant energy, and we want to capture the excitement through beautiful, professional images of people enjoying all that we have to offer. Along the way, we’ll also be showing off the amazing talents of Longmont’s own professional photographers.
Apply now to take part in this friendly competition between photography professionals!
Here’s how it works:
1) Photographers will be asked to use their camera to answer the question, “How do you own downtown?”
2) Each photographer will then be assigned to a location and given limited time to set everything up and snap their desired photos. (Hint: Be prepared to get super creative!)
3) Photographers will be rotated to the next location—and all photographers will have a chance to work from every location for the same amount of time.
4) A panel of judges will then choose the winning photographic masterpiece, which will be used to promote Downtown. Limited spots are available, so apply today!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO HELP OUT YOUR COMMUNITY AND TO CREATE THE WINNING MASTERPIECE?
1) Apply for participation in the competition. At this time, only professional and semi-professional photographers will be considered. Complete your entry form here. (www. LisaPatchemPhotography.com/downtown-photographer-shoot-off-competition) Send it to: LisaPatchem@gmail.com
2) On Tuesday, Aug 1, 2017, at 3 pm the competition will begin!
3) Talent (Models) will be provided for each quadrant of Main Street. Each photographer will have 15 minutes to scout, set up, pose and photograph the talent.
4) After the 15 minutes is up, all photographers will rotate to another nearby location to begin again, with new talent and location. Photographers will rotate a total of 4 times. The talent will remain at their corresponding quadrant.
5) At 4:30 the contest will end and all photographers, staff, volunteers and talent are encouraged to meet at Martini’s Bistro for complimentary food and drink, courtesy of Martini’s Bistro and the LDDA. Group photos will be taken at both locations by Lisa Patchem Photography.
6) All finalized photographs must be submitted to LISAPATCHEM@gmail.com by AUG 08, 2107. One to five images per location is required for a total limit of 20 images. Digital editing is encouraged! (Switch heads, fix hair, remove distractions, etc)
7) Semi-final entries will be picked by LDDA and LISA PATCHEM PHOTOGRAPHY. Semifinal photographs will be enlarged and displayed downtown. Location: TBD.
8) Public voting will take place during Downtown Block Party on August 26, 2017.
9) Final winning photographs will be displayed downtown at: TBD. Photographers are encouraged to submit art tags for the display. (Your name, contact info, etc)
10) All participating photographers will receive social media coverage throughout the experience.
Photographs will be portraits of people enjoying Downtown. Photographers will be provided talent to work with.
Photographer Shoot Off Competition!
Assemble talent and photographers @ St. Stephen’s Plaza @2:45 Lisa Patchem will give final directions and placements
Talent and Photographers assemble at the first location of the competition @3pm Photographer will have 7 minutes to walk to desired location, set up equipment if applicable, position talent and be ready to shoot.
First Shooting will begin @3:07 The photographer will have 15 minutes to photograph Cameras down @3:22 Talent will walk back to original corner and remain there until instructed by next photographer. Photographer will walk back to original corner then move onto his or her next quadrant, set up equipment, and direct the talent. He or She will have only 7 minutes to do this.
Second Shooting will begin @3:29 The photographer will have 15 minutes to photograph Cameras down @3:44 Repeat just like last time - talent stays at corner, photographer moves on.
Third Shooting will begin @3:51 The photographer will have 15 minutes to photograph Cameras down @4:06 Repeat just like last time - talent stays at corner, photographer moves on.
Fourth and Final Shooting will begin @4:13 The photographer will have 15 minutes to photograph Cameras down @4:28
Talent, photographers and volunteers are encouraged to join us in a final wrap up party at Martini’s Bistro directly following the competition. Free drink tickets and appetizers courtesy of Martini’s Bistro and the LDDA!
Sponsored by: Lisa Patchem Photography, the Longmont Downtown Development Authority and Martini's Bistro.