This content was originally published by the Longmont Observer and is licensed under a Creative Commons license.
The overall project remains on schedule to be fully completed by mid-July. The Main St. work between 3rd and 6th Ave. will be completed Friday, June 30. The Asphalt Specialists crews will not work July 3 - 4 due to the holiday. Below is an updated schedule, weather permitting.
Asphalt Work Begins Wednesday, July 5th between 6th and 9th Avenues
- Two week construction period, weather permitting.
- Traffic reduced to one lane in each direction and shifted to the center two lanes or outside lanes depending on construction activities.
- No parking on Main St. when the asphalt work is taking place.
- Businesses driveways will be maintained, however, at times entrances will be temporarily restricted while work moves across the entrance. Flaggers will be used to assist where necessary.
- Cross-traffic prohibited from Longs Peak and 8th Ave. and no left turns from Main St.
- Traffic and parking restrictions lifted on the weekends.
- Expect dust and noise during milling and paving operations.
For all updates visit: http://www.
Project hotline # : (720) 526-0966
Project email: email@example.com
This construction update was provided by the LDDA (Longmont Downtown Development Authority). The Longmont Observer, from time to time, publishes updates, press releases and news items from local government, non-profits and some business entities that affect the residents of Longmont. This is one of those news items.