This content was originally published by the Longmont Observer and is licensed under a Creative Commons license.
Longmont Public Media Executive Producer/Content Coordinator
Longmont Public Media (LPM) is a nonprofit (501(c)3) media makerspace and public access television station in Longmont, Colorado. LPM has taken the idea of public media and expanded it to truly include all of the community by allowing the public to come in and share in a network of knowledge to create their own media, from television shows to podcasts to local movies, creators are limited only by their imagination.
Job Description: The executive producer/content coordinator at LPM is a leadership role within the organization and the community as a whole. The vision for this position is to lead a creative team of community members, staff, and makerspace members to deliver media consistent with community standards. This position will collaborate with a team of 3 other staff members, a growing number of makerspace members, the Longmont community, and the City of Longmont to produce desired media from start to finish. It requires that the executive director have knowledge of industry standards, community standards, be innovative and creative, have strong organizational skills, innovative, and be open to constantly evolving ideas and deliverables.
- Provide oversight for day-to-day business operations
- Lead staff, members, and community creatively and functionally and be responsible for success in shaping the goals and vision of the organization
- Identify cutting edge techniques and equipment and implement them for staff and member use
- Provide oversight of script and concept development and direction of projects based on client’s needs
- Collaborate with staff to ensure the broadcast of programming is optimal for the station and the client
- Lead development meetings related to production
- Supply creative and innovative ideas for clients who are unsure of the way to go
- Develop ideas and shows specific to the community
- Work with local groups to bring them into creating media as part of our media makerspace
- Manage and facilitate weekly LPM member meeting, member events and requests
- Organize and manage volunteers and staff to see that projects are completed on-time and professionally
- Provide training on equipment and basic knowledge of video techniques to staff/volunteers for projects such as boards and commissions
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Videography experience
- Video editing experience (examples of work required)
- Scriptwriting/storyboarding experience
- Ability to produce a finished, polished, and professional video/media project to clients
- Basic podcasting/recording knowledge for audio podcast production (often from video)
- Be a community liaison to a broad range of groups and people
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
- Able to communicate efficiently and effectively with staff, members, and clients
Pay: $2-3K per mo. 1099 (contractor). Note: Everyone at LPM is a 1099 contractor.
Send resumes to Scott Converse firstname.lastname@example.org