Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

No one hurt in Monday fire; GoFundMe set up to help family whose home was burned

Longmont Fire Services responded to Countryside Village modular home community at 11:09 a.m. Monday and found a home “heavily involved in fire with smoke and flames coming from a residence.”
2020_08_10_LL_generic_firetruck
Getty Images/iStockphoto

No one was hurt Monday in a fire at the Countryside Village modular home community. 

Longmont Fire Services responded to the community at 11:09 a.m. Monday and found a home “heavily involved in fire with smoke and flames coming from a residence,” according to a post to the Longmont Fire, Police and Community Health and Resilience Facebook page. 

The homeowner was able to evacuate himself and his family to safety.

The fire was contained within minutes, according to the post but firefighters remained on scene for several hours, putting out hot spots and making sure the fire was completely extinguished. 

A GoFundMe fundraising campaign has been set up to help the family at gf.me/u/zi6vsg.

Another GoFundMe page also started for the family states the fire was started after the homeowner attempted to thaw frozen pipes and that the home is a complete loss. 

In the Facebook post, authorities asked people not to "use any kind of flame or torch to thaw frozen pipes. A hairdryer can be used if necessary or call a professional to help with a frozen pipe issue."